Workflow templates are assigned to suppliers and are used to guide them through various community requirements that you need completed. To learn more on assigning requirements, see this article.
Note: These steps are only available for the Community Owner to complete
Add a New Workflow Template
- Go to the Admin page and navigate to the Businesses > Workflow Templates tab.
- Click the button.
- Name your workflow type: Assign a unique name to your Workflow Template that will allow you to easily identify it
Type of Workflows
- Supplier Specific
- Onboarding – steps are geared specifically for when a new Supplier joins your community
- New Product – template is assigned when a Supplier adds a new Product and shares it with your community
- New Document – template is assigned when a Supplier adds a new Document and shares it with your community
- New Location – template is assigned when a Supplier adds a new Location and shares it with your community
- New Audit – template is assigned when a Supplier adds a new Audit and shares it with your community
- Other – Custom – template can be used in another intended method. NOTE: Custom templates cannot be automatically initiated
- Step Group Name (if applicable)
- Assign a name to your Step Group if you decide to use them
- Example – If you choose to group steps based on who they are assigned to, you can name the groupings based on the team names (QA, Buyers, Supplier, etc)
- Step Name
- Assign a name to each step that will allow it to be quickly and easily identified
- Item – Decide from the following what is intended to be accomplished with the step. The user will be directed to the appropriate page in Connect depending on which item is chosen here
- Take an Action
- Create a new Workflow
- Complete a Task
- Conduct an Internal Review
- Connect to Other Business
- Connect to Other Location
- Administrative actions
- User Management
- Shared Items
- Take an Action
- Assign To – Decide who is going to be assigned the step. The presented list will include any Role that has been created in your Community. You can assign a step an the individual user once the workflow has been initiated
- Due In – Determine how many days or weeks should pass before the step needs to be completed
- Instructions – Provide instructions for the user to help them complete the step
Additional Template Options
- Workflow Initiation
- Manual Initiation – Workflows can be manually started by the Community Owner. See below for details.
- Automatic Initiation – Workflows have the option to be automatically triggered when a specific action is taken, designated with the Workflow Type
- Step Groups
- Workflow Steps can be be grouped if needed, often in more complex scenarios
- Adding Additional Steps – Hover over the Green Plus button to add a new step or step group
- Include Step Reviews
- You might find it beneficial to review your Supplier's progress as they work through their workflow. You have the ability add reviews and assign reviewers to some or all steps. During the review process, reviewers have the ability to reject and return any assigned step so Suppliers can make any needed corrections. Note, Reviewers will be notified when they have a review due.
- Reviews can be added for each step. You can assign an internal role to be notified to complete the review as well as assign a due date. If you'd like to learn more about creating custom roles, visit this article
Step Dependency – Dependencies can be added to require certain steps be completed before a given step
- Example – You need a supplier to upload Product Information before your team can approve the supplier.
- Workflow Instructions – Let your team and suppliers know the purpose or goal of the workflow in the instructions section. The instructions appear in the right navigation bar for the Supplier