You can divide responsibilities for managing supply chain members, similar to how you may manage them internally by assigning a “Buyer” to each supplier. You can also view compliance of your supply chain by filtering by Buyer within Analytics.
When inviting your supply chain to join your community, you can assign a Buyer one-by-one, or import your supplier list in bulk by Buyer.
Select the Buyer from the dropdown menu when submitting the “Invite New” supplier form. Example below.
Bulk assignment with Import Supplier Template:
1.Download Supplier Template (contains 4 column headers: Business Name, Email, First Name, Last Name)
2. Fill out template and save as .csv file. (Be sure to keep column headers as they appeared upon download and in same order).
3. Upload Supplier template from “Invite New” within the Suppliers page.
4. Once you import your suppliers from your .csv spreadsheet, you are presented with a preview of the information you submitted on the right and a set of dropdown menus on your left. You can bulk assign these suppliers to Location & Product Groups as well as assigning your Buyer.
Select Buyer from dropdown menu, then click “Send Invite”
If you need to update the Buyer assigned to a supplier, go into your Supplier page within your Community, select the supplier you want to edit, click “More” to view full details for that supplier, then edit your Buyer dropdown menu selection.
Set up a Supplier Buyer role
If you want the ability to add buyers, you will need to set up a role that has the "Supplier Buyer" permission enabled. Follow these steps to set this role up:
1. Go to Admin
2. Click on "User Management"
3. Click on the "Roles" tab
4. Select "Create a new role"
5. Make sure the "Supplier Buyer" role under the Supplier Information section is enabled: