As a Community Owner, you may need to set locations to an "inactive" state. Perhaps a supplier is transitioning to utilizing alternate manufacturing facilities. Instead of asking the supplier to unshare or delete this location from your community, you can set it as inactive temporarily. You can update the state at any time. When a location becomes inactive, it will be excluded from incident reporting dropdown fields and track and trace event reporting. If you are interested in setting products to inactive you can follow the same process below, or view our Setting Products to Inactive article.
If this need arises, follow the steps below to inactivate locations.
Steps to set a location to Inactive
- Go to the Locations page
- Select Locations Shared With Me tab if not initially selected
- Click on the location row to be inactivated
- Click on the button on the upper right
- Select "Inactivate Location" from the provided dropdown
- Location status will then reflect that the location has been inactivated
- You can check the Active status on all your locations by selecting the "Active" column in the column configuration options
Details on Inactivating Locations
On the left navigation bar, select Locations and select the Locations Shared with me tab
Select the location you wish to inactivate
Click on the button on the upper right. When you do you will see the following dropdown:
On that dropdown, select the "Inactivate Location" button
You will receive a notification stating that the location status has been updated
You can re-activate a location by following these same steps. Instead of selecting "Inactivate Location," select "Re-Activate Location"
To check the state of all of your locations, you can return to the Locations Shared With Me tab and add the attribute "Active" to your column view or apply a filter to the page.
What happens to Inactive Locations?
There are several things that happen when you inactivate a location, including:
- Locations that are inactive are not included in selection for incident creation or event creation (they are filtered out)
- Locations that are inactive are not included in dashboard widgets or supplier widgets