Event reporting can be done using the FoodLogiQ Connect mobile app. Some benefits of reporting events via mobile device include the ability to scan barcodes to easily identify the product and supplier in the report as well as make it simpler to take photos and include them in your submission.
The application can be downloaded from Google Play or the iOS App Store. To learn more about supported operating systems and devices, visit the FoodLogiQ Connect Mobile article. Please note, as an administrator you will need to enable mobile access for your event types before your users will be able to utilize the mobile app.
Steps to Create an Event on FoodLogiQ Connect Mobile App
- Download the FoodLogiQ Connect app from Google Play or Apple iTunes Store. Consider setting your device to auto update your apps.
- Login to the FoodLogiQ Connect app.
- Set your default location. Click Done when complete.
- Open Settings from the app menu by clicking this icon . Enable "Camera Always" within Scanner Settings if you are using a device without a built-in laser scanner.
- Select "Events" from the app menu.
- Click the "+" button to report a new event.
- Select the type of Event you are reporting.
- Complete the required information and click Submit when complete.
Details on Using FoodLogiQ Connect Mobile App to Create an Event
Download the FoodLogiQ Connect app from your device's app store. Once downloaded, open the app and login with your email and password.
Once logged in you will see a page like the one displayed below if you have access to only 1 location only. If your user profile has access to multiple locations you will see a list of locations to select from. Once you have confirmed your default location, click Done.
(Note: When you set a location as your default, every time you login to the app on the same device, you will bypass this screen. Your location will be preset for you.)
Next, click the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen. This is your app menu. The example below is for a user that only has access to 1 location and the events feature only.
You can perform a number of actions here:
- Sign Out: the app will auto-logout after 4 hours, forcing you to sign in again.
- View the app version number: The app version will display in the bottom right corner. We strongly recommend you enable your device to auto-update apps in order to ensure you always are using the most updated version of our app.
- Access features within the app
- Set a new default location depending on your level of access.
Select Settings to set your Scanner Settings.
Within "Scanner Settings", by default the app will be set to "Auto Detect Laser". If you are using the app on a device that has a build in laser scanner, no changes are needed. If you plan to use your device's camera to scan barcodes within the app you will want to enable "Camera always" (as shown in screenshot below).
Return to the app menu and select one of the three event types to proceed. You can choose to enter a receiving event, a shipping event, or a transformational event
If there are events already reported for your location you will see a list of those items on the screen. To report a new event, click the "+" button.
You will be presented with a set of fields to fill out to complete your report. Click the Next button to advance through the screens until you have completed all required information. Upon completion you will see a summary of all the details you have entered. Click Submit once you are done.