Business and Community contacts are a special permission setting that is used to facilitate the sending and receiving of specific messages (more details below). This may be helpful if you have access to multiple communities and want to control who receives which notifications. This setting can be assigned to active users within the User Management page for your own internal users. You can also select this assignment when inviting new users.
As a Community Owner, the initial supplier contact, who's email address you enter when inviting a supplier to join your community will automatically become your Community Contact when they accept their invitation. Suppliers are able to invite additional users and assign this permission themselves. Visit our Inviting New Users article to learn more.
- Incident Contact – Users with this assignment will receive email notifications when incidents are reported. This setting does not apply to distributors when location contacts are identified. Learn more about this setting here.
- Community Contact – Users with this assignment will have access to Messages sent from the Community Message Center.
Steps to Setting Up Business Contacts for Existing Users
- Click on the cog wheel icon in the top right corner and then select User Management
- On the User Management page, select the user you want to set as a community contact to view their User Detail page.
- On the User Detail page, you will see a Business Contact field; select the name of the community you wish to assign to the user within the available options in the dropdown menus.
- Click Save to enable this setting.
- If you wish to remove this assignment, simply click the X next to the name of the community, then click Save.
Steps to Setting Up Business Contacts for New Users in Your Community
- Click on the settings cog wheel icon in the top right corner and then select User Management
- On the User Management page, click the plus button to invite a new user .
- Enter the user's information and select a Role.
- Optional - Select the name of the community you wish to assign as the Incident Contact and/or the Community Contact.
- Click Invite User to send the invitation.
- Once the user accepts their invite they will be visible in the Active Users list with this Community Contact For setting.
What Messages do Community Contacts Receive?
- Community Messages: Users with this assignment will have access to Messages sent from the Community Message Center.
This allows Community Owners to send messages to their suppliers, as well as receive responses from their Suppliers within Connect. Email notifications are sent to these contacts, but replies to messages must be completed when logged into Connect. Community Contacts may also receive incident notifications under certain conditions (see below for more details).If you have access to these messages already, you will also see this icon on the top right corner when logged in to alert you that there are unread messages.
- Incident Notifications: Users may also receive notifications when incident reports are submitted. This only applies to Suppliers who have customers that utilize FoodLogiQ Connect to report Quality Incidents. To learn more visit our Incident Email Notifications article.
Viewing Community Contacts
Within your own business, you can visit the User Management page and review which users are assigned as Community Contacts by reviewing the names of communities displayed in the "Community Contact For" column. You can also apply a filter for "Community Contact For" to view users who are currently assigned.
Filter on Blank Values
If you need to find items that have missing data, you can also choose set your filter to show blank values
As a Community Owner, you can view which users within a supplier's business are currently setup as a Business Contact by visiting the Contacts tab within their Supplier Detail page.