As a community owner with Track + Trace, you can configure custom event types to help identify unique attributes that you would like to track as a part of critical tracking events you capture from your supply chain.
You have the ability to enable the generation of event labels for an event. The label contains a scannable QR code that links to a page with information about the product and its origin. To learn more about generating QR code labels, see this article: QR Code Event Labels.
Adding an Event Type
1. Go to the Admin page by clicking the settings icon and navigate to the Businesses > Event Types tab.
2. Click the "+" button to add an event type.
3. Name your event type.
4. Select Event Target: Select which type of event you wish to track
Shipping - Tracks shipping events from location to destination
Receiving - Tracks receiving events from origin to location
Transforming - Tracks product transformation events
5. Click Save!
The next step is to assign these event types to appropriate supplier groups. Visit our Assigning Requirements article to learn how.
Enable events of this type to be publicly visible
You can optionally enable the setting "Allow all events of this type to be publicly visible". This allows users within your business, when accessing event records submitted by your business in the Events pages to generate a label with a QR code. The label contains a scannable QR code that links to a page with information about the product and its origin. To learn more visit the QR Code Event Label article.
On top of collecting any default attribute information, you can add your own custom fields and mark as either required or optional.
“Attribute Name” vs. “Key”
- Attribute Name is the more user-friendly, value that will be displayed to the user who is entering the information.
- Key field is intended for the database name, if you were using our API to share documents.
Select the appropriate "Field Type", then click the "Add Attribute" button.
When defining your own custom attributes, there are six different types you can choose from. Once you select a field type, if a supplier tries to enter a value that is inconsistent with this selection, they will receive an error message.
- Custom list: Display a dropdown menu of options to be selected from. Single selection is by default, but you can allow for multiple selections if needed.
- Date: This will populate a calendar tool within the online submission form for your users to select a date.
- Decimal Number: Use when requesting a numeric value for an attribute that needs to have the option of recording decimals.
- Text: choose this option if you want a free-form text field.
- Whole Number: Use when requesting a numeric value for an attribute that does not require decimals.
- Yes/No: choose this field type when the type should be a True or False answer
Editing Custom Attributes:
Once you create your attributes you have a few options to edit them. If these options don’t suit your needs, you can simply delete and re-create them.
- Modify the order: If you want to adjust the ordering of your attributes, you can simply click on the row and drag and drop the attribute to the desired placement.
- Required vs. Optional: If you want to make an attribute required or no longer required, simply click the required checkbox to change.
- Remove attributes: You also have the option of deleting the attribute entirely if you no longer need it or if you made a mistake and need to re-create.
- Field Type- Selection List Only*: You can double click the comma-separated values you added, and edit within the text box.
Note: Field Type, Key, Attribute Name fields can not be edited once created, but you can delete and re-create them