As a community owner, you are responsible for reviewing and approving products suppliers share into your community. If the information is complete and accurate, the product can be sent to the next approval flow step. If not, you can request that the supplier make changes to correct or complete missing information. The supplier will receive notifications regarding the request so that necessary action can be taken.
Steps to Review Products
1. Go to the Products page.
2. Select Products Shared With Me tab if not initially selected.
3. Click on the product row to be reviewed. You can apply the Last Updated filter to locate recently modified products. You can also apply the Has Pending Changes or Has Pending Delete filters to view products with edited information. Additionally, the Missing Required Attributes column can be added to view products that are missing required information from your suppliers.
- Has Pending Changes - If a product record has been changed by the supplier, the list view page will show an amber asterisk.
- Has Pending Delete - If a product has been deleted by the supplier, the list view page will show a red asterisk.
Here, we’re displaying the Missing Required Attributes column and are using two filters to view products with unapproved information the supplier has changed in the last 60 days. Note the amber asterisks in the Status column.
4. Review the information that has been entered.
- After clicking into the product, click the gray Actions button to move to the next step in the approval flow. A comment box will appear on the page for you to provide details surrounding the status change. The status will update for both your view and the supplier’s view.
Details on Reviewing Products
Identifying the items needing attention can be done in a number of ways:
- Onboarding Workflow - Notifications will be sent to you via email if you’ve set up review steps following supplier steps. Visit our Workflow Templates article for further details.
- Add Pending Approval Dashboard widget to My Dashboard.
- Create a Saved View - Apply filters to display only the items with a certain Approval Status, Has Pending Changes, or Has Pending Delete. Configure the list view columns to display the Last Updated date, to quickly sort the list to show products recently updated. Visit the Saved Views article for more details.
Next, click on a product that is Awaiting Approval or in a comparable status. These initial Awaiting Approval statuses may be named differently depending on what has been outlined on the Product Approval Flow.
On the product details page, click Actions at the top right to send to the next step in the approval flow. If you need to request changes, click the Actions button to mark as a rejected status. A comment box will appear on the page for you to provide details surrounding the request - you can choose if you want the supplier to see this comment. Once you click Submit, the status will change and notifications will be sent. The status will update for both your view and the supplier’s view.
Internal users and suppliers can follow the link within the notification to the detail page that will display comments and status changes in the History section.
Once the supplier has made the outlined updates, they can re-submit the product for review by selecting the Actions button and choosing the next step as defined by the approval flow. The role responsible at the next step will then receive an email notification indicating that the supplier has made updates and can follow the link in the email to review the changes.
A community owner with the administrator role can also choose to leave an Ad-Hoc comment on the product, in order to quickly communicate. To leave a comment, select the button and choose Add Comment.
Article is closed for comments.