One of the first critical steps in better managing quality across your supply chain is defining and establishing your process for capturing and tracking quality issues. And since no two food supply chains are the same, you need a process that works best for your food company. Here are some examples of commonly used workflows to use as reference when determining the best process for your supply chain.
Submit Directly to Distributor
- Who gets notified first? Incident reporting contact for the distributor location identified in the incident form will be notified.
- Examples: Commonly used for delivery/distribution specific issues or product quality issues that have credit requests.
Send to Supplier, followed by Distributor
- Who gets notified first? Community contact for the supplier business identified in the incident form will be notified by email.
- Example: Quality specific issues that need supplier's credit approval.
Allow Internal Team to Review First
- Who gets notified first? Internal users with a defined role(s) in Connect will be notified.