When documents you've shared with a community become expired, users with the role of "Administrator" will receive email notifications when the documents are about to expire. These system notifications are sent in the following intervals, 90, 60, 30, and 1 day prior to expiration date.
Steps to Update Expired Documents from the Document Detail Page
If you've clicked on the link in your notification email, you will be redirected to the document detail page to make your updates.
- Click "Edit Document Name" to update name if needed.
- Remove old files by selecting the "X" next to each file. (Please note these documents will not be deleted from the system, they will still be available for viewing within Version History; See screenshot below to access version history).
- Drag current non-expired document(s) under "File(s)" or click "browse" to locate attachment(s) on your computer to attach new file(s).
- Update expiration date to reflect the new attachment(s).
- Review remaining fields on the page to ensure everything is up-to-date. (For instance, Products and/or Locations associated; other date fields, etc., if applicable)
- Once you've updated all fields to support your new file attachment(s), click Save.
Steps to View Previous Document Versions
- Select icon to access more options.
- Click "Version History" from dropdown menu.
- Select the date/time stamp of the previous version you would like to view.
Example - Previous Version
Example - Current Version