As a community owner, when your suppliers share documents to your Connect Community you are responsible for reviewing and approving them. If everything is complete and accurate, you can mark as approved, otherwise you can request that they make changes to correct or complete missing information. The supplier will receive notifications regarding your request so that they can take necessary action.
Steps to Review
- Select Documents from the left sidebar
- Select the Documents Shared With Me tab if not initially selected
- Click on the document row to be reviewed
- Review the information that has been entered.
- If complete, click the checkmark to mark as Approved. The status will update for your view as well as on the supplier’s account.
- If you need to request changes, click the X to mark as Rejected. A comment box will appear on the page for you to provide details surrounding your request. Once you click Submit the status will change to Rejected and the supplier will receive a notification.
Details on Reviewing
- First, you will need to identify the items needing your attention, you can monitor in a number of ways:
- Onboarding Workflow - Notifications will be sent to you via email if you have setup review steps following supplier steps. Visit our Workflow Templates article for further details.
- Add Pending Approval Dashboard widgets to My Dashboard.
- Create a Saved View - Apply a filter to only display items with Status = “Awaiting Approval” and consider a filter based on last updated date to keep track of what’s been recently updated. Visit the Saved Views article for more details
Next, open up the details of the document that is “Awaiting Approval”.
Click the checkmark to mark as Approved. The status will update for your view as well as on the supplier’s account.
If you need to request changes, click the to mark as Rejected. A comment box will appear on the page for you to provide details surrounding your request.
Once you click Submit the status will change to Rejected and the supplier will receive a notification.
Here’s an example email notification to the Administrator role in your supplier's business.
The supplier can follow this link to the detail page that will display your change request.
Once they have made the update, they will need to click the “Complete Request” button. You will then receive an email notification indicating that they’ve made this update. You can follow the link in the email to the detail page to see who made the update and when it was completed.
You can also view the Version History by clicking the icon.