As a Community Owner, you should determine who within your organization will be responsible for the administration of your Connect account as well as managing your users' access. It is important to keep updated to ensure users are able to complete necessary tasks in the platform and receive timely email notifications. We recommend setting an internal schedule to review on a regular basis.
By default, all users with the "Administrator" role have access to view and edit users that have access to your business account. You can also configure custom roles and restrict "Edit" access to User Management. To learn more about custom roles, visit our Creating Custom User Roles article. We recommend restricting these permissions to ensure that you control who has the ability to add users, remove users, or change user permissions within Connect.
Managing Internal Users
Visit User Management to add, remove or adjust your users' access. You can navigate there by clicking the gear icon and selecting "User Management" in the Settings dropdown menu or visiting https://connect.foodlogiq.com/admin/users
- Add/Remove Users: As needed you should remove users that no longer need access to FoodLogiQ, to do so, locate them in the User list and then click the trashcan icon to remove. To invite users, visit our User Management article for more instructions.
- Monitor Pending User Invitations: Within the User Management area of your account, click on the Pending Invitations tab to view invitations that were sent from your account but not yet accepted. If invitations are no longer necessary, delete them by clicking the trashcan icon. If invitations need to be accepted, please click the link icon, select copy, then email the invitation link directly to the individual who has yet to accept their invitation and register their user account in FoodLogiQ. They may have accidentally deleted their invitation or it may have wound up in their spam folder and they never received.
Modify Permissions: Locate the user in the "Users" list within User Management, and click into to view the User Detail page. You can modify the user's first name, last name, phone, mobile numbers, as well as modify the assigned roles or location access.
- Role(s): Click the "x" next to roles to remove, click into the roles field to select any new roles to assign to the user.
- Location Access: By default users will have access to "All Locations" unless this is modified. You can add/remove access to your internal location related information by adjusting the Location permissions. Click "Select Locations".
A window will popup allowing you to select the relevant locations. Click the "+" next to the locations you wish for the user to have access to, and they will appear on the right side. Similarly, you can remove location access by selecting the "x" next to the location name on the right side of the window. To revert back to "All Locations", select "Grant Access to All Locations" at the top right. Select Save when complete. Before exiting the User Detail page click the "Save" button on the User Detail Page to save your updates.
Assign Location Contacts: You can also configure the assignment of location contacts within User Management. However, if you need to adjust multiple location contacts, we recommend using the bulk editing option for locations.
- Go to "Locations", click on "My Locations" then export your list of locations by clicking the download icon.
- Open the .csv file and locate the locations you wish to update. To assign a user as a location contact you will want to fill in the cell that corresponds to the column header for the contact type and the row of the location. For example, if Jane Doe should be assigned as the Food Safety Contact for the "Acadia" location, you will want to populate the file as shown below. If you need to assign multiple contacts, you will add them as comma-separated. When you've adjusted your file with all necessary contacts, save as .csv.
NOTE: The name and email addresses are case-sensitive and need to match exactly when populating your spreadsheet to match the user as it is shown in "User Management". You will not be able to assign contacts to your locations until invitations are accepted.
- To bulk update via import, navigate back to the "My Locations" area and click the Import icon. . Select "No Community" and upload your file within the Import Locations page, clicking Save to process.
NOTE: Do not delete any columns when re-importing your locations into Connect.
There are also settings in your account where you can control who your suppliers will be able to message within the platform. We recommend reviewing these settings whenever changes are made within your organization that may impact.
- Community Reply-To Email: If your suppliers reply back to system notifications they receive from Connect these notifications will be sent to the email address you enter in the "Reply-To Email" field within your Community Information page. We recommend considering a distribution email.
- Community Contact Assignment: When your community members or suppliers send you messages within Connect or reply to messages that you send them, users that are assigned as a "Community Contact" for your business will receive. You can adjust these assignments within User Management. Visit the Business Contacts article to learn more about this contact setting.
- Supplier Manager Assignment for Suppliers: Quality Assurance or Procurement Manager responsibilities for suppliers may change over time. When this occurs you may want to consider reviewing your Supplier Manager assignments in your Suppliers page to ensure this is updated. Visit the Assigning Supplier Managers to Help Manage My Suppliers article to learn more.
- NOTE: Users can only be assigned as "Supplier Managers" if they have been assigned a custom role where "Supplier Manager" permissions are enabled.