The Connect Data Links will allow users to be able to link two items they see together, giving an easy way to denote a relationship, allow for ease of navigation between two items and provide additional context on an item. The initial items that support this functionality are Audits/Assessments and Documents.
There are various use cases as to why you would want to link an item to Audits and Assessment or Documents, for example:
- You may want to link a Certificate of Analysis document that relates to an inspection audit since that document needs to be referenced frequently to address several questions asked within the audit.
- You may want to link audits together done on different batches of products.
- You may want to create a parent/child relationship between Audits or Documents.
Link permissions are based on the underlying permissions for the items that are being linked; if you can view an item you can view its links, while if you can edit an item you will be able to edit its links.
Steps to linking items on an audit or assessment
- To link an item on an audit or assessment, click on Audit & Assessment within the left navigation. Then click on an Internal Audits or Supplier Audits & Assessments tab.
- After opening an individual audit, on the left-hand side of the page, you will see the new links section.
- To add a link, click on the Add/Edit icon in green.
- You will see a drop-down list of categories that you can link to.
5. Once you select the category (Audits and Assessments or Documents) you want to link to, a window will appear allowing you to choose which item within that category you want to link to.
6. If a user has selected the Audits and Assessments category to link items, users will be able to select from Supplier Audits and Assessments and Internal Audits. By default, users will land on the Supplier Audits and Assessments tab within the modal.
- If users select the Documents category to link items, users will be able to select from My Documents and Documents Shared With Me. By default, users will land on My Documents.
Please note: User will only see non-archived documents within the list view.
- Users will be able to search for a specific item within the search box if they are unable to find it quickly from the list view.
- Alternatively, users will be able to configure additional columns by selecting the gear icon.
- To link a specific item, click on the green plus icon next to the item you want to link.
- After clicking the plus icon, that item will appear under Linked Assessments on the right-hand side.
- Once items that you want to link are added to the Link Assessments section, you will be able to choose the relationship of this item you want to link.
- Users will be able to add multiple links within this category for an object by clicking on the plus icon next to the item they want to link.
14. To remove the link, click on the red X icon.
15. Once you click save, links will appear on the left-hand side underneath the Links / Audits and Assessments Section.
16. Users can optionally filter to specific types of links by selecting the All Types drop-down option.
17. To add or edit additional links, repeat step 3.