You might have the need to update several products with new product data or information. Rather than editing the products individually, you have the option of updating them on a .csv file and uploading them all at once. For more information on adding new products to Connect, see this article: Adding Products
Steps to Edit Existing Products in Bulk via Import
1. Navigate to the Products page by clicking the Products in the left navigation bar.
2. Click the export button to export all attributes to a .csv file of your products.
3. Open the .csv and edit any product information you need to. Save the file once editing in complete.
NOTE: Community Owners only (not Community Members) are able to delete irrelevant columns you are not updating, keeping the following columns at minimum -- Supplier ID, Product ID, Product Name, Community, Product Type.
NOTE: If you are a Community Owner editing products on behalf of your suppliers, you cannot modify any Default attributes, including Type or Display Name.
4. On the Products page, click the import button to begin the bulk upload/import process.
5. Select the community to which you wish to share the .csv and the product type of those products within the .csv file. Then select the file from your computer to import.
NOTE: Community Owners may also need to choose a supplier.
6. Click Save. You will then be taken to the History page. This is where you can check for any errors in the import.
Tip - Test an import of a few rows of data first if you are trying to update a large number of products at once to troubleshoot prior to completing your import, or consider testing in Sandbox environment!
Article is closed for comments.