As a Community Owner, you have the ability to set up custom attribute fields that are only visible to you, not your suppliers. This is useful for you if you need to track information and data on your supplier's locations that are used for internal and reporting purposes. These attributes can be updated even if your suppliers are still inputting data for their locations.
When creating Private Attributes, keep in mind that creating them applies to all location types that you might have set up.
Steps for Adding Private Attributes to Location Types
1. Click on the cog wheel in the upper right corner.
2. Select Admin.
3. Click on Location Setup. In the list of sub-tabs, click on Private Attributes.
4. Click the Add Private Attributes button.
5. Fill out the Attribute Name, Key (this auto-populates, but can be changed) and Type then click the Add Attribute button.
6. The attribute will then appear in your Private Attributes List.
Steps for Updating Private Attributes to Locations Shared with Me
1. Click on Locations in the left hand navigation and view Locations Shared with Me. Locations Shared with Me can also be viewed through each supplier's detail page.
2. Click on a location shared by a supplier. Then click Edit Location Information.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the modal to edit the Private Attribute(s) and click Save & Share.
Once you have your Private Attributes set up and filled out, you can sort and filter them on your Locations Shared with Me list view. For details on reviewing locations shared with you, see this article.
For more information on creating location types, see this article - Location Types
For more information on mapping location flows, see this article - Location Flow Mapping
Article is closed for comments.