As a community owner, prior to inviting suppliers into Connect you will need to assign requirements to your suppliers based on the Location and Product Groups you have configured.
Steps to Assigning Requirements
- Go to the Admin page by clicking the settings icon and navigate to the Communities > Requirements tab.
- You will see the community, location group, product group, along with the number of suppliers in a table format. Click on the desired row to make your changes.
- Select the type of requirement from the drop-down menu.
- Click the checkbox or button next to each item you wish to assign to your supplier group, click Save. Repeat as needed.
- A message will be automatically sent to suppliers in FoodLogiQ asking them to complete the new requirement. See this article for help with Messaging Suppliers. In the message, a link to the page in Connect where the new requirement has been set will be included.
Details on Assigning Requirements
Navigate to the Requirements tab within the Community Admin area and select a supplier grouping you wish to assign requirements for within the displayed table. You can visit this page to adjust requirements or assign new requirements as needed. Suppliers will not be automatically notified of the change. We suggest you initiate a Workflow or send a message alerting your community regarding your updates.
Select the type of requirement you wish to assign from the list of available options.
The requirements you see listed on subsequent pages to choose from are the requirements you've previously defined. Visit the Defining Supplier Requirements section for further details.
For Assessments, Events, Products and Locations, simply click the checkbox next to each item that is relevant for that group. For example below, by clicking the checkbox below for the location type ="Distribution Center", when your community members are sharing locations with you, and they are a member of this group, they will have "Distribution Center" as a location type for them to assign to their locations.
For Documents, you have the option to make a document type required, optional or not available. If a document is required it will appear in their document to-do list for your community.
- Required - Additionally, if the required document type also needs to be associated to products, for example, the system will alert the supplier that their requirements are not complete until a document of that type has been shared and associated with all of their products.
- Optional - If a document is optional, it is always available for the supplier to upload and share with you, but we will not mark them as incomplete if they have not uploaded. Perhaps you have a template for new item submissions that you want your vendors to use. Since this document is not required for every existing item, and only relevant for certain circumstances, marking it as optional is most appropriate.
- Not available - this selection is best used when document types that are not relevant for a supplier. For example, perhaps you require organic produce growers to provide an Organic Certificate, but this is not a requirement for your Packaging suppliers.