Community Owners have the ability to create, edit, and delete custom reports to help them identify key metrics and seeing these results in a pie chart, bar graph, or heat map.
- Creating a New Report
- Saving the Current Graph View
- Interacting with the Graph
- Editing / Deleting a Graph
- Downloading a Report(s)
Creating a New Report
- Login to your business account within FoodLogiQ Connect (connect.foodlogiq.com).
- Click on Reports in the left-hand section.
- Select the type of Report you want to create. For demonstration purposes, we will be using the Audits and Assessments section.
- Click the button to create a new report.
- First, you will need to name the graph.
- Select whether the graph will use a Score or a Question(s). The Assessment template may change depending on which you choose.
- Select either Bar Graph, Heatmap, Pie Graph, or Timeline Graph. The available types will depend on which section you are reporting on. For Audit and Assessments, you can choose between Bar or Pie Graph. The Bar Graph allows for more options.
- Select the Assessment template for which you want to pull information from.
- If creating a graph by question please click on the "Add question" link and select as many questions as you wish.
- Click on the plus button to add questions to gather information from.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Use filters to limit certain results or to narrow the information.
- Click the "Add Graph" button. NOTE: If you have selected more than 1 question, only 1 will initially show in the preview area. All graphs will show on the main screen.
Saving the Current Graph View
After you have created a graph, it might be beneficial to save this view so your graphs are saved. That way, anytime you come back to this page, the graphs will show in the main view. otherwise, they will not be seen and have to be created again.
- Click on the "Save view as.." icon () in the upper-right section.
- Name the view.
- If you want to see this view of graphs each time you go to this section, then click on the "Set as default view" box.
- If there is anyone else in your business in which you think it might behoove them to see these graphs, then you can assign this view to certain roles.
- Click the Save View button.
Interacting with the Graph
In-depth information from each graph can be seen by clicking on a section of the graph.
- For this example, if I wanted to see all suppliers who answered "Yes" to the question asking if their product is wrapped in plastic, I would click anywhere within the blue section of the graph to see the results.
- This list shows you all of the suppliers who answered Yes to this question. If you wish to see the complete assessment for a specific supplier, simply click on the Supplier in this section.
- For this example, if I wanted to see the assessment Hot Dogs RUS filled out, I would click on their line.
Editing and Deleting a Graph
As more information is entered, this will be automatically updated in the list view. You can also manually trigger this refresh.
- The area just below the button area shows when the data was last updated within the graph.
- To refresh the data manually, simply click on the Refresh button.
- If you want to edit a graph, such as change the question or type of graph or select a new Assessment template, click on the three dots on that graph and select Edit.
- Once you are satisfied with your changes, click the Save button. Or if you wish to void out your changes, click on the x in the upper-right.
Downloading a Report
The reports you create can be downloaded/exported in 2 different ways.
- To download an image of 1 graph, click on the three dots of the graph and select Download. This will download a .png file of the 1 graph.
- To download all the graphs, click on the Export button. This will download all of the graphs into .pdf format. This is recommended as the pdf will show you more information than just the .png file.