This article will cover how to manage documents in Connect as a community member. This is relevant if you are a supplier who has shared at least one document in FoodLogiQ Connect. Only a supplier or community member can perform these tasks.
Note: If you’re a community owner you will need to request a supplier to complete these tasks.
For more information on adding new documents to Connect, see this article.
Sharing an Existing Document
- Click on Documents on the navigation panel on the left side
- Click on the name of the document that you’d like to share.
- Under ‘Shared With’ click ‘Share Now’
- Select the appropriate document type:
Once selected you can click OK:
Updating Existing Documents
As a supplier you’ll sometimes need to update expiring/expired Documents. This can be conveniently done from the Dashboard. Click on ‘Update Document’ for the relevant document:
- Update the expiration date. Note: even for documents that do not expire, once an expiration date is set, that document will always require an expiration date.
- Choose a new attachment using the Browse button, or drag/drop a file into the box. An attachment is required to successfully update the document.
Finally, click Update.
Unsharing a Document from a Community
In instances where a document is no longer required by a community owner, or the associated product/location has been unshared or inactivated, unsharing a document is preferred over deletion. Documents that are not shared in any community will not generate expiring document To-dos, but remain available in case they're needed in the future.
Steps on Unsharing Documents
1. Click on the Documents link in the left navigation bar.
2. Click on the Document you wish to unshare.
3. On the Document Details page, select the "x" next to the Community name (or customer name) you wish to unshare the Document with.
4. A dialogue box will appear with the following message. Click Unshare.
5. Click Save to finalize the step. You will see that the document is no longer shared.
By unsharing, the Community it was previously shared with will no longer have access to view this document. You can confirm a document is no longer shared into a community by clicking on the Community tab or reviewing the Community column.
If the document is viewable under the "All" tab and not the Community tab, you have successfully unshared.