If you have been invited to join a FoodLogiQ Connect Community by one of your customers, you will likely need to share your product information as one of their requirements. If you have many products you may want to use our import template to add them in bulk. If you'd prefer to add products individually with our online form, please visit the Adding Products article. If you are a Community Owner and would like to add products on behalf of your suppliers, please refer to the Adding Products on Behalf of Suppliers article.
Steps to adding products in bulk
1. Select "Products" from left side navigation menu to visit the Products page.
2. Click on the import icon button in the top right corner of the page to download the template.
3. You will need to download the template from the Import Products page. Select the appropriate option from the dropdown menu on the left.
No Community - if you are adding products in bulk and do not wish to share with a community.
- If you are a community member, here are some scenarios where this may be desired:
- Add all your products at once so they are available to share with additional communities in the future.
- You are interested in using FoodLogiQ Connect to generate GS1-compliant labels. To learn more visit this article, Creating GS1-Compliant Labels.
- If you are a community owner, here are some scenarios where this may be desired:
- You are interested in using FoodLogiQ Connect to generate GS1-compliant labels. See article link provided above.
- You are initiating withdrawals using the Recall + Response product for your own products. To learn more, visit Creating a Withdrawal article.
Community/Customer Name - select the customer name if you are intending to share your products with a community in FoodLogiQ Connect.
4. Once you've made your selection from the dropdown, click Download Template. For this article, we will walk through adding products in bulk via import and sharing with a community.
5. A comma-separated values or .csv file should download to your computer. Open up the spreadsheet when the download has completed. You will see a set of column headers at the top of the file.
6. Follow the instructions below to populate the spreadsheet with your product data. Each row should be used for a single product.
- Product ID (_id): Required. You should leave this field blank if you are importing new products.
- Product Name (name): Required
- GTIN-14: Optional. If you do not have, you can leave this field blank or delete this column. If your product does have an assigned Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), please ensure it is properly formatted and is 14 digits. For more information, please visit our Assigning GTINs to Products article.
- GPC Brick, Family, Class: It is recommended this is left blank.
- Country of Origin: Optional. Please enter the 2-letter code/abbreviation for the country, for example United States should be "US", and Mexico should be entered as "MX"
- Is Packaged: Required. Please enter "TRUE" if you wish to populate the Sale Unit UPC field, otherwise, enter "FALSE"
- Community: Required. This should match the community name you selected from the dropdown menu.
- Product Type: Required. This should match exactly to the options you would find in the Product Type dropdown list if you were to add products individually (click on the + button on the Products page, select community name, and then view the options displayed).
- Custom Attributes defined by your customer (if applicable): Required if asterisk (*) is contained in field name. Please review the online form for further details as to what field types and values are accepted. If you are being asked to upload images for your products, please delete these columns from your import template before importing. You will need to go into the product detail pages manually to edit.
7. Once you've populated your spreadsheet with all your product information, save file as a comma-separated values file type on your computer.
8. Copy the first two rows of data from your spreadsheet into a new workbook and save this file as a comma-separated or .csv file type on your computer. You will use this version of your file to complete a test import to resolve any errors that may occur prior to importing the full file.
9. Follow steps 1-3 above, and instead of downloading the template, you will now upload the test .csv file you saved in step 8.
10. Once you've imported your file, you will be placed on the History tab to see the results. If any errors occur they will be presented here. Click into the import history record to view details if necessary to resolve any errors that may occur.
If after importing in bulk, and you need to modify any information, please review our Changing Product Information in Bulk article for further instructions. You can also edit products individually if needed, review the Editing Products article if you need more information.