As a Community Owner, you can utilize the Documents feature to collect documents from your suppliers/Community Members as a part of onboarding or on an ongoing basis. When suppliers upload documents for the first time or make updates, it is important for your team to be notified/aware so you can complete your review process. As an administrator, you will have the ability to determine which role gets notified when a document is in awaiting approval by document type so that you can route the email notifications to the appropriate individuals.
For example, if you want to have your QA Managers who are responsible for reviewing documentation for Produce Suppliers, you could assign those managers as "Buyers" for the Produce Suppliers, then select Buyer for related documents. Every time a produce supplier uploads a document, those users would receive a notification. Similarly, if you needed your Finance department to only be notified when W-9 or contract documents are uploaded, you could set up a custom role of "Finance" and associate that role to the relevant document types.
Please note: When a document is shared or modified by a Supplier it moves to ‘awaiting approval’ status. In order to collect documents from your community members, Community Owners first need to set up each document as a unique document type.
Steps to adding document notifications by type
- Go to the Admin page by clicking the cogwheel icon and navigate to the Business > Document Types.
- In order to add notifications to a specific document type, click on an existing document type within the list view, or create a new document type by selecting the + button. Review configuring document types to learn more.
- Upon selection, you will have the ability to add ‘Who at your business gets notified when a document is shared and/or changed?’.
- In order to add or update ‘Who at your business gets notified when a document is shared and/or changed?’ select the dropdown, here you will see populated custom roles along with the buyer role.
Please note: Users with read and write access to administration will be able to see the dropdown with populated roles. Only users with write access will then be allowed to select or remove roles.
- Once you have selected the roles to be notified, click on save to persist the change. Only users with write access will be able to save.
Please note: This field is optional and does not need to be populated. If left blank no roles will be notified when a document has been shared and/or changed.
- Once the ‘Who at your business gets notified when a document is shared and/or changed?’ has been populated, roles specified will receive a nightly digest email notification. If there are no new documents in an awaiting approval status no email will be sent out.
- Once a user clicks on the link within the email notification it will direct them to the documents page in Connect with a filter applied displaying documents in a status of Awaiting Approval and their appropriate Document type. Documents that are archived will not be included in this list.
For example, given user X with role A notified for document type 1 and role B notified for document type 2. If there are 5 documents in document type 1 and 3 documents in document type 2, they will have 8 documents awaiting approval and will get one nightly digest.