Scheduling your audits and assessments allows you to ensure that your Suppliers or Community Owner members are completing audits and assessments within a specific timeframe or on a regular frequency. This will ultimately allow your organization to provide consistency and improve safety and compliance standards. Examples of Audits and Assessments that can be scheduled can range from making sure your suppliers are practicing sustainability habits on an ongoing basis, preparing your facility for a third party annual audit, driving continual improvements, and specification audits to verify compliance to your brand standards.
The Audits and Assessment Scheduler allows the ability to customize when and how often Suppliers or members of a Community Owner need to complete a specific audit or assessment template. Audits and Assessments can be scheduled to recur at a regular interval or be created as a one-time occurrence.
Please Note: An assessment template must be first created before you can schedule an assessment. If you assign an assessment template with the scheduler, you do not also have to assign as a requirement, if you do so, you will create duplication for the supplier.
Steps to using the Audits and Assessments Scheduler
- Once logged into Connect, click on the cogwheel icon near the upper-right corner.
- Select Admin from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Audits and Assessment section and then the Schedules tab. Here you will see a list view of any previously scheduled audits or assessments.
- To create a new audit or assessment schedule, click on the plus icon within the top right corner.
- Once you click on the icon you will see the schedule form.
- Select the type of audit you plan to schedule and the template. There are currently 3 types of audits that are available:
- Supplier Self-Assessments are taken by a supplier against their own business, location, and/or product. For example, if you are requesting your suppliers to fill out an assessment every 3 months about one of their products.
- Supplier Audits are taken by a Community Owner against a supplier’s business, location, and/or product. For example, if you conduct onsite or virtual audits of your suppliers’ locations.
- Internal Audits are taken by a Community Owner against the Community Owners’ own business, location, and or product, most common location. For example, if you perform daily compliance checklists at your plant location and want these to recur.
Please note: Only templates of the audit type will be available from the template drop-down options. Please visit Creating an Audit or Assessment Template Knowledge Base articles to learn more.
- The type of audit (Supplier Self-Assessment, Supplier Audit, or Internal Audit) you have selected will determine the additional fields you will need to fill out.
- Based on the type of audit, different sections will appear on the scheduler form. Please note that all items with an asterisk indicate a required field.
- Choose Suppliers - This option will allow you to determine which Supplier Groups or Suppliers will need to complete this audit or assessment. You will be required to fill out which community this audit is scheduled before you can determine supplier groups or specific suppliers.
Please note: The Choose Supplier option will only display for Supplier Self Assessments or Supplier Audits. If a business requirement group is selected, all suppliers within that group will receive an audit or assessment to complete. If you only need specific suppliers to complete, select Specific Suppliers, and then select the applicable supplier businesses. If you need to assign to specific suppliers who meet particular conditions, you may want to consider assigning as a requirement based on a response. To learn more visit Assigning Requirements.
- Choose an Assignee - Allows you to determine which role, along with which individual will be responsible for conducting this audit and assessment. A notification will be issued to that role or assignee if provided when the audit or assessment is available for them to complete.
Please note: This option will only display for Supplier Audits or Internal Audits. You will only be able to select roles that have permission to that audit template, and notifications will only be sent to users if they have access to that location.
For the Supplier Audit, if the role is populated, the assignee will be required and only that role and assignee will be able to complete the audit.
For Internal Audits, if the role is populated assignee is not required. Role and Assignee are only used for notification purposes. If the role and assignee are populated, anyone with template edit permissions and location permissions will be able to conduct this audit.
- Refine Suppliers Location - you can optionally limit the audit and assessment for a specific location type and location.
Please note: this option will only show up for Supplier Self-Assessments and Supplier Audits and if Associate to Location(s) is set to Yes on the audit template. Additionally, you will be required to fill out Choose Supplier Section before you can fill out the Refine Supplier Locations section.
- Choose Locations - you can choose which of your locations this audit should be assigned to.
Please note: This option will only display for Internal Audits and only My Locations added will be selectable. If multiple locations are selected, a separate audit will be generated for each location.
- Choose Reviewers - you can determine which roles can be notified once an audit is completed or ready for completion. Users will have the option to choose from System Roles and Custom Roles for the Roles to Notify for Review section.
- For Supplier Self-Assessments and Supplier Audits, users will also have the option to notify roles when the audit or assessment is available to complete.
- If roles were identified in the audit or assessment template configuration they will be preloaded on the Roles to Notify for Review.
- You will only be able to select roles that have permission to that audit template, and notifications will only be sent to users if they have access to that location.
- Schedule a Day and Time - Define if this audit should run one time only or on a regular interval (daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 & 6 months or 2 & 3 years) and then define when it is available and optionally you can determine if there is a due date.
Please note: For future one-time or recurring schedules, notifications are sent 24 hours before the start date.
- Set a Name - Ability to provide a unique name of this specific schedule. Clicking on the plus button will provide you time variable options.
9. Once all the necessary information on the scheduler is filled out you can go ahead and either Save for Later or Schedule Assessment. Save for Later allows you to save your schedule as a draft with the ability to return to schedule later. This will be accessible from the scheduled list view page for further action.
10. After you have selected Save for Later or Schedule Assessment, you will see this audit template schedule within your Audits and Assessment Schedules list view.