Many organizations require more granular system privileges since they have several business units utilizing specific templates. These organizations need to construct specific roles with privileges to match their requirements, potentially restricting these users from other areas of the platform.
Template Level Permissions allow the template creator to determine which roles can modify and delete a template for products, locations, documents, workflows, and assessments. Multiple roles will still have access to create their own templates, but each role won’t be able to delete/modify each other’s items. This functionality is available on Documents, Assessments, Products, Locations, and Workflows.
Steps to determine who can modify and delete specific templates
- In order to determine who can modify or delete specific templates, go to the admin section and select the appropriate template type on which you want to specify template level permissions.
- Within each template, there will be a field for Who can make changes to this template? This field may be in a different location depending on the layout of the template you are configuring.
- By default, All Roles will be listed - meaning that any role with business administration privileges can make changes to the template. You can add multiple roles to restrict access to the template, choosing between System Roles and Custom Roles.
- If you select a role that you do not belong to, you will be asked to confirm your choices, as you may be locked out of editing the item.
- Once the template is saved, only the listed roles will be able to update or delete the template. Roles that do not have permission to modify or delete but have access to view will see a read-only view of those templates.