Once you have been invited to join a community by one of your customers, you will likely need to share your location information as one of their requirements. As a supplier, you can follow the steps outlined in this article or add locations using the quick actions shortcut on your dashboard. See the article Supplier Dashboard Quick Actions for more detail.
Steps to Adding a Location
1. Select Locations from the left navigation menu to visit the Locations page.
2. Click Add Location in the top right corner of the page to add a new location.
3. A window will appear allowing you to determine which community you would like to share the location with. Select a community and notice a blue check mark indicating this is the community you are sharing with.
4. Then, select the location type that best describes the location you are adding and click next. In the example below, we are sharing a location with the community Valley Grille.
5. Enter details about your location into the form fields, noting that fields with a red asterisk * are required.
6. Please fill out as much information as possible. If you need to return to the location record later to include more information, you may still click Save & Share. If required fields are left blank, you will be notified that saving this location will result in incomplete information. Once you’ve gathered all the information, you can return to the location record at any time to complete it.
You can easily see locations that are missing required attributes by clicking the cogwheel on your locations list view and adding the Missing Required Attributes column.
You can also sort your to-dos on the dashboard.
7. After saving and sharing your location, you will see its location detail page with a missing attributes banner at the top. To change or add information, click Edit Location Information. To create a new location, click Back to Locations on the left where you will return to the previous page to repeat the above steps.
If you need to edit location information in bulk, visit our Changing Location Information in Bulk article for more details.
Once you've added locations as a community member and shared them with your customer, you may have additional tasks to complete. Please visit your Dashboard and refresh your page. Review the to-do list for any document or assessment requirements that may pertain to the locations you’ve added. To learn more about this process, see the article Viewing and Completing Your To-Do Items as a Supplier.