Once you have been invited to join a community by one of your customers, you will likely need to share your product information as one of their requirements. If you are a Community Owner and are interested in adding a product on behalf of your suppliers, please visit the article Adding Products on Behalf of a Supplier for more information.
As a supplier, you can follow the steps outlined in this article, or add products using the quick actions shortcut on your dashboard. See the article Supplier Dashboard Quick Actions for more detail.
Steps to Adding a Product
1. Select Products from the left navigation menu to visit the Products page.
2. Click Add Product in the top right corner of the page to add a new product.
3. A window will appear allowing you to determine which community you would like to share the product with. Select a community and notice a blue check mark indicating this is the community you are sharing with.
4. Then, select the product type that best describes the product you are adding and click next. In the example below, we are sharing a product with the community FL Community.
5. Enter details about your product into the form fields, noting that fields with a red asterisk * are required. Note: Because product types are configurable to community owners, your page will likely look different than the below image. You may see one field called GTIN; to learn more, visit the article Assigning GTINs to Products.
6. Please fill out as much information as possible. If you need to return to the product record later to include more information, you may still click Save & Share. If required fields are left blank, you will be notified that saving this product will result in incomplete information. Once you’ve gathered all information, you can return to the product record at any time to complete it.
You can easily see products that are missing required attributes by clicking the cogwheel on your products list view and adding the Missing Required Attributes column.
You can also sort your to-dos on the dashboard.
7. After saving and sharing your product, you will see its product detail page with a missing attributes banner at the top. To change or add information, click Edit Product Information. To create a new product, click Back to Products on the left where you will return to the previous page to repeat the above steps.
To learn more about editing products, visit the Editing Products article. If you need to modify product information in bulk, check out our Changing Product Information in Bulk article.
Once you've added products as a community member and shared them with your customer, you may have additional tasks to complete. Please visit your Dashboard and refresh your page. Review the to-do list for any document or assessment requirements that may pertain to the products you’ve added. To learn more about this process, see the article Viewing and Completing Your To-Do Items as a Supplier.
Article is closed for comments.