Document tags are a great way to categorize your documents in Connect and dynamically share these documents with members of your organization.
Document tags are especially useful if there are members of your organization that are not Connect users, but would like to benefit from the Manage + Monitor product in Connect. For example, you could tag any contract documents with a “Legal” tag and share them with your company’s legal team.
Another benefit of document tagging is that it allows suppliers or Community Owners the ability to organize documents based on tags. The tags than can be used for reporting!
To Tag Documents
- Visit Documents and select a document from the list view, or create a new document
- Click the to add a tag to the document
To Manage Tags
- Visit Documents and click the to manage tags
- Click the to rename the tag and/or share it with email addresses.
Sharing Documents That Have Been Tagged
- Visit the Documents feature on the left side of your screen.
- Select any document from the list view, or click the to add a new document.
- The tags option is in the panel above the Shared With ba
- Clicking the icon allows you to assign an existing tag to this document, or create a new tag.
- Scroll through the list or begin typing to search for existing tags.
- To create a new tag, input the desired tag name and click “Apply”:
Emailing Tagged Documents
- Once a tag is assigned to a document or set of documents, you can share those documents via email using the Manage Tags button, on the Document list view.
- The Manage Tags menu displays all existing tags, and allows you to share tagged documents with one or multiple email addresses, or delete the tags
- Adding an email address to a document tag will notify the recipient of any changes that are made to the tagged documents, along with sending a notification on any new documents that receive that tag: