As a community owner, you are responsible for reviewing and approving documents that suppliers share with your community. If the information is complete and accurate, the document can be moved to the next approval flow step. If not, you can request that the supplier make changes to correct or complete missing information. The supplier will receive notifications regarding the request so that necessary action can be taken.
Steps to Review Documents
1. Go to the Documents page.
2. Select the Documents Shared with Me tab if not initially selected.
3. Click on the document row to be reviewed. You can apply the Last Updated filter to locate recently modified or shared documents. You can also apply the Has Pending Changes, Has Pending Delete, or New Shared Document filters to view documents with edited information.
- Has Pending Changes - If a document has been changed by the supplier, the list view will show an amber asterisk.
- Has Pending Delete - If a document has been deleted by the supplier, the list view will show a red asterisk.
- New Shared Document - If a document has been recently shared by a supplier and is ready for review, the list view will show a green asterisk.
4. Review the information that has been entered.
- After clicking into the document, click the green Actions button to move to the next step in the approval flow. An optional comment box will appear on the page for you to provide details surrounding the status change. The status will update both your view and the supplier’s view.
Details on Reviewing Documents
Identifying the items needing attention can be done in several ways:
- Onboarding Workflow - Notifications will be sent to you via email if you have setup review steps following supplier steps. Visit our Workflow Templates article for further details.
- Add pending approval Dashboard widgets to My Dashboard.
- Create a Saved View - Apply filters to only display items with a certain Approval Status, Has Pending Changes, and/or Has Pending Delete. Configure the list view columns to display the "Last Updated" date, to quickly sort the list of documents recently updated. Visit the Saved Views article for more details.
Next, click on a document that is Awaiting Approval or in a comparable status. These initial Awaiting Approval statuses may be named differently, depending on what has been outlined on the Document Approval Flow.
On the document details page, click Actions at the top right to move to another step in the approval flow. An optional comment box will appear on the page for you to provide details surrounding the request; you can choose whether the supplier sees this comment. Once you click Submit, the status will change and notifications will be sent. The status will update both your view and the supplier’s view.
Internal users as well as suppliers can follow the link within the notification to the detail page that will display comments in the History section. When changes are made to a document, those changes will be reflected in the History section.
Community owners are also able to edit a document’s custom attributes and change a document’s type if needed. Once the document is shared by the supplier, the community owner may click into a document under Documents Shared with Me and select Edit Document Information. Once the modal opens, community owners can change the document type and edit custom attributes.
A community owner with the administrator role can also choose to leave an Ad-Hoc comment on the document in order to quickly communicate. To leave a comment, select the three dots button in the top right corner and choose Add Comment.
Article is closed for comments.