As a Community Owner, you can collect documents from your suppliers as a part of onboarding or on an ongoing basis. When suppliers upload documents for the first time or make updates, it is important for your team to be notified and aware so you can complete your review process. As an administrator, you will have the ability to determine which role(s) get notified when a document is shared based on the document type. This ensures that email notifications are routed to the appropriate individuals.
Note: When a document is shared or modified by a Supplier it moves to a status determined by the Document Flow. In order to collect documents from community members, Community Owners first need to set up each document as a unique Document Type.
Add Document Notification by Type
1. Click either the cog wheel in the upper right corner or next to Documents in the left-hand navigation menu to access the Admin area of Documents.
2. To add or edit notifications for a specific document type, click on an existing document type within the list view or create a new document type by selecting the + button. Review the Document Types article to learn more about configuration.
3. Select the dropdown under ‘Who at your business gets notified when a document is shared and/or changed?’ Within the dropdown are system roles, including the supplier manager role, along with custom roles. This is a multi-select list, meaning more than one role can be added.
Please note: Users with view and edit access to administration will be able to see the dropdown with populated roles. Only users with edit access will then be allowed to select or remove roles.
5. Once roles have been selected to be notified, click Save.
Please note: This field is optional and does not need to be populated. If left blank, no roles will be notified when a document has been shared and/or changed.
6. Once ‘Who at your business gets notified when a document is shared and/or changed?’ has been populated, role(s) specified will receive a nightly digest email. If there are no new documents in an awaiting approval status or equivalent status, no email will be sent out.
7. Once a user clicks on the link within the email, it will direct them to the documents page with a filter applied to display documents in Awaiting Approval or equivalent status and their appropriate document type. Documents that are archived will not be included in this list.