Business and Community contacts are a special permission setting that is used to facilitate the sending and receiving of specific messages (more details below). This may be helpful if you have access to multiple communities and want to control who receives which notifications. As a community owner, you can assign this permission to active users within the User Management page for your own internal users. You can also select this assignment when inviting new users.
The initial supplier contact, whose email address you enter when inviting a supplier to join your community, will automatically become your Community Contact when they accept their invitation. Suppliers are able to invite additional users and assign this permission themselves.
- Incident Contact – Users with this assignment will receive email notifications when incidents are reported. This setting does not apply to distributors when location contacts are identified. Learn more about this setting in the article Incident Reporting Contact.
- Community Contact – Users with this assignment will have access to Messages sent from the Community Message Center.
Steps to Setting Up Business Contacts for Existing Users
- Click on the cog wheel icon in the top right corner and then select User Management
- On the User Management page, select the user you want to set as a community contact to view their User Detail page.
- On the User Detail page, you will see a Business Contact field; select the name of the community you wish to assign to the user within the available options in the dropdown menus.
- Click Save to enable this setting.
- If you wish to remove this assignment, simply click the X next to the name of the community, then click Save.
Steps to Setting Up Business Contacts for New Users in Your Community
- Click on the settings cog wheel icon in the top right corner and then select User Management
- On the User Management page, click the plus button to invite a new user .
- Enter the user's information and select a Role.
- Optional - Select the name of the community you wish to assign as the Incident Contact and/or the Community Contact.
- Click Invite User to send the invitation.
- Once the user accepts their invite they will be visible in the Active Users list with this Community Contact For setting.
What Messages do Community Contacts Receive?
Community Messages: Users with this assignment will have access to Messages sent from the Community Message Center.
This allows Community Owners to send messages to their suppliers, as well as receive responses from their Suppliers within FoodLogiQ. Email notifications are sent to these contacts, but replies to messages must be completed when logged into FoodLogiQ. Community Contacts may also receive incident notifications under certain conditions (see below for more details). If you have access to these messages already, you will also see this icon on the top right corner when logged in to alert you that there are unread messages. See the article Communicating with Supplier Contacts for more information.
- Incident Notifications: Users may also receive notifications when incident reports are submitted. This only applies to Suppliers who have customers that utilize FoodLogiQ to report Quality Incidents. To learn more visit our Incident Email Notifications article.
Viewing Community Contacts
Within your own business, you can visit the User Management page and review which users are assigned as Community Contacts by reviewing the names of communities displayed in the "Community Contact For" column. You can also apply a filter for "Community Contact For" to view users who are currently assigned. If you need to find items that have missing data, you can also choose set your filter to show blank values.
As a Community Owner, you can view which users within a supplier's business are currently setup as a Business Contact by visiting the Contacts tab within their Supplier Detail page.
Supplier Key Communication Notifications
Supplier Contacts that are assigned as a Community Contact, will have access to messages sent from the Community Message Center. The community contact will also receive the following notifications:
Supplier Weekly Digest – Every week on Monday mornings at 2:00 AM EST, the system will generate an automated email reminder to the Supplier Community Contact. To learn more about the weekly digest visit the Supplier To-Do Notifications article.
Workflows – If a step is assigned to the supplier, and no role or user is identified, all Community Contacts with View and Edit permissions will receive a notification that the step is now available. To learn more visit the Workflow Notifications, article.
Supplier Expiring Documents – This expiration email is sent to the supplier’s community contact at 90,60,30, and 0 days. For more details visit our Supplier Expiring To-dos Notification article.
Audits & Assessments:
Scheduled Supplier Self-Assessments – Supplier community contact will receive a notification letting them know that an assessment is available for them to complete and any due date reminder. For more information visit the Scheduling Supplier Self-Assessments article.
- Corrective Actions and Notes - Supplier community contacts will receive notifications when Community Owners take additional action during the review process
Incidents – If the incident uses the supplier location attribute and that location has location level incident contacts, and there are no such contacts provided (left-blank) we will notify the supplier’s Community Contact. For more information visit the Community Specific Incident Reporting Location Contacts article.